Tisha here with this month’s photo journal challenge.
To help explain the challenge, I’ve taken some of Mary’s post from last month, so that I know everyone is on the same page (including me!!)
To help with the concept, I have added a freebie just for the challenge. You can find the link here:
http://www.designhousedigital.com/digit … te-freebie
At DHD, we have converted Design 365 into a “Photo Journal” concept. The reason that we have done this is because people often feel too much pressure with 365 projects. They can become very overwhelming. Instead of feeling this overwhelming pressure, we decided that we want you to be able to record everyday moments in a SNAP. We want you to be inspired to document your memories Photo Journal style.
What exactly is Photo Journal style?
1. Basic, simple scrapbooking. Get your photos on the page and get it done!
2. Using photos that you have already taken and not stress about taking more photos that you will then be pressuring yourself to scrap.
3. A great starting point for newbies.
3. A quick technique for people who just want to knock out a lot of pages quickly.
4. Streamlined digi for big projects like albums or even brag books, calendars, and more.
6. Focusing on telling your stories as easy and quickly as possible without having to think of the design aspect.
7. All DHD products that fall into this category will be labeled with the Photo Journal logo and located in the shop here http://www.designhousedigital.com/photo-journal.
Ok, so now that the explanation is out of the way, let’s get on to the February challenge:
Step 1. Carve out 1 hr per week that you will devote to knocking out pages using pictures that you have already taken.
Step 3. Come back here and post a copy of your layouts.
Step 4. Subscribe to this forum so that you can keep up to date on all the posts.
Step 5. Do NOT stress. Enjoy the process knowing how much your loved ones will enjoy seeing your finished product. Put together what you can as best you can with your one hour. No pressure!
Don’t forget. Everyone who participates in this challenge will be put into a drawing to win a $5 gift certificate for the DHD store.
Ok, are you ready to get started? You can see my first layouts below. I am also going to go post them in the gallery now.
If you have any questions post them here.
Thanks and I hope you enjoy this challenge!